One of the reasons you are visiting this site is because you already understand that you must pass the Nevada Licensing Exam before you can obtain your Resident Insurance License. In order to take the Nevada licensing exam, you must first register with Pearson VUE, which has been selected by Nevada to administer your licensing exam.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Before you register, you may want to read our informative guide entitled All About Registering For and Taking the Nevada Insurance Exam. Please note that taking our course DOES NOT register you for the exam. Our courses are designed ONLY as exam prep courses to assist you in passing the Nevada insurance licensing exams. Supplement our National course package with state law materials from your recruiter/employer or from another exam prep company to best prepare for your exam.
The Following Steps Will Guide You Through The Process Of Becoming Licensed In Nevada:
1) Select an Exam Prep (Prelicensing) Course to Help You Pass the Nevada Insurance Exam
180 Licensing provides an excellent course designed to help you pass the Nevada Insurance exam. Have access to Nevada state law materials and need help pass the exam? 180 License is proven to help you get the few extra points needed to pass. Supplement our materials with your state law materials and put the odds in your favor of passing the exam.
Here is a rundown of your choices and our opinions:
- Correspondence Courses. Often these courses consist of a manual and perhaps some sample questions on a disk that may or may not be specific to your state’s exam. The course manuals are boring, often out-of-date, and do not effectively convey the critical points that need to be mastered by you. They do not use techniques that “teach” you the material.
- Live Classes. Sometimes these classes are effective and sometimes they are not – pick one and take your chances. Plus, these courses are often not located near you, and you must miss time from work or travel to take the class. When we find what we consider a good live class located in your state through our market research, we will list the class here. If you know of an exceptional class, please email us so we can confirm and list the class.
- Online Courses with Simulated Instructors. If you have listened to computer generated voices before, you know that they will drive you nuts after a few hours. We cannot imagine listening to a computer voice for 40 hours trying to prepare for a licensing exam.
- Online Courses with Real Instructors. A couple of companies have online classes with real people lecturing. While good in theory, most of these “real people” are simply talking heads in the corner of the screen that you will soon tire of.
- A Comprehensive Interactive Course That Teaches. You guessed it! 180 Licensing has spent hundreds of hours creating a manual that is not only fun to read, but that is also highly authoritative and effective We have personally helped over 10,000 students pass their licensing exams using our materials and techniques. Our interactive course materials take you step by step through the critical test points – the materials are “designed to teach”. You can learn the key points at your own pace, anywhere you wish. With our exam prep materials, you do not need to second guess anything – it’s all there, in one easy package. Passing the exam cannot be made any easier or more enjoyable than with 180 Licensing!
2) Register To Take the Nevada Insurance Exam with Pearson VUE
You must register to take the exam with Pearson VUE several weeks in advance so that you will be guaranteed a spot for at the test center of your choice on the day of your choice. You may register online here at or call 800-274-2609. For details read All About Registering For and Taking the Nevada Insurance Exam.
3) Decide Where To Take the Nevada Insurance Exam
The exam is given in Las Vegas and Reno Nevada. Go to the Pearson VUE Test Center Locator, here. Before you actually choose a test and location, you may want more details. If so, read All About Registering For and Taking the Nevada Insurance Exam.
4) Get Fingerprinted
Per the Pearson VUE Candidate Booklet, “To expedite the application process, the Division encourages candidates to get their LiveScan prints done prior to taking their state exam. Candidates can make a fingerprint reservation online here, or contact MorphoTrust, USA™ at 866-761-8069. Pearson VUE cannot make the reservation for you. WALK-IN digital fingerprints will be available at IdentoGO by MorphoTrust, USA™ locations only NOT Pearson VUE test centers.”
5) Submit The Proper Licensing Paperwork in Order to Obtain Nevada Insurance License
This is the easy part, for you, at least. Your insurance office or company will submit the application paperwork or direct you to apply electronically through NIPR here.
Disclaimer: 180 Licensing Exam Prep, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this article, information is subject to change. The final authority for the latest insurance licensing information is your state’s department of insurance.
Must Read: Our National online, self-paced, exam prep courses offered in Nevada contain national insurance and general state law rules, but do not contain your exam’s specific state law content (about 15-20% of your exam). You must supplement our materials with your state’s specific state law rules. You may have access to such materials from your recruiter or another source. If not, we may be able to assist you in finding such materials. Our National courses are designed by award winning Professor Jerry Furniss and are excellent for getting you over the exam finish line the fastest and easiest way possible. Go here for more information.