One of the reasons you are visiting this site is because you already understand that you must pass the Mississippi licensing exam before you can obtain your resident insurance license. In order to take the Mississippi licensing exam, you must first register with the Pearson VUE testing services which has been selected by Mississippi to administer your licensing exam.
To register for an exam you may call the Pearson VUE at 888-293-4222 or register online here. Before you register, you may want to read our informative guide entitled All About Registering For and Taking the Mississippi Insurance Exam.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that taking a 180 Licensing Exam Prep course DOES NOT register you for the exam AND it DOES NOT register you for your required Mississippi prelicensing education course. Our courses are designed ONLY as exam prep courses to assist you in passing the Mississippi insurance licensing exams.
Important Notice: The state of Mississippi has a prelicensing education requirement. You must take a course from a provider on this list. Go here. 180 Licensing is not an approved provider; our focus is solely designed to help you pass your insurance licensing exam the fastest and easiest way possible. If you are still having trouble passing the exam after you have taken a prelicensing course from an approved provider, consider putting the odds in your favor by taking one of our premier exam prep courses. They are self-paced, online, and very affordable and effective. Supplement our national course materials with the state law information provided by your prelicensing education provider to best prepare to pass the exam.
The Following Steps Will Guide You Through The Process Of Becoming Licensed In Mississippi:
1) Select an Exam Prep (Prelicensing) Course to Help You Pass the Mississippi Insurance Exam
In Mississippi, you must complete an approved prelicensing education course BEFORE you can take your insurance licensing exam. If you have taken an approved course, 180 Licensing provides an excellent course which supplements your approved prelicensing course and which is designed to help you pass the Mississippi Insurance exam. Mississippi maintains a list of approved prelicensing course providers through a third party company called Sircon. Your prelicensing education provider will provide electronic certification to Sircon when you complete your required course.
Hint: Once on the Sircon site, click on Look Up Education Courses/Credits, then do a search for Approved Providers Inquiry, then select Mississippi from the drop down, then select Prelicensing Education from the Education Type drop down. You will then be able to find and contact an approved prelicensing education provider for Mississippi.
Many prelicensing education companies do not focus on actually helping you pass the exam – that’s where 180 Licensing comes in with its exam prep materials. If you still need help on the exam after you have taken your approved prelicensing education course, 180 Licensing considers itself the very best, most enjoyable, and cost-effective method of preparing for your exam. Supplement our national courses with the state law materials that you received from your prelicensing education provider to best prepare for your exam.
- Correspondence Courses. Often these courses consist of a manual and perhaps some sample questions on a disk that may or may not be specific to your state’s exam. The course manuals are boring, often out-of-date, and do not effectively convey the critical points that need to be mastered by you. They do not use techniques that “teach” you the material.
- Live Classes. Sometimes these classes are effective and sometimes they are not – pick one and take your chances. Plus, these courses are often not located near you, and you must miss time from work or travel to take the class. (When we find what we consider a good live class located in your state through our market research, we will list the class here. If you know of an exceptional class, please email us so we can confirm and list the class.)
- Online Courses with Simulated Instructors. If you have listened to computer generated voices before, you know that they will drive you nuts after a few hours. We cannot imagine listening to a computer voice for 40 hours trying to prepare for a licensing exam.
- Online Courses with Real Instructors. A couple of companies have online classes with real people lecturing. While good in theory, most of these “real people” are simply talking heads in the corner of the screen that you will soon tire of.
- A Comprehensive Interactive Course That Teaches. You guessed it! 180 Licensing has spent hundreds of hours creating a manual that is not only fun to read, but that is also highly authoritative and effective We have personally helped over 10,000 students pass their licensing exams using our materials and techniques. Our interactive course materials take you step by step through the critical test points – the materials are “designed to teach”. You can learn the key points at your own pace, anywhere you wish. With our exam prep materials, you do not need to second guess anything – it’s all there, in one easy package. Passing the exam cannot be made any easier or more enjoyable than with 180 Licensing!
2) Register To Take the Mississippi Insurance Exam with Pearson VUE
You must register to take the exam with Pearson VUE several weeks in advance so that you will be guaranteed a spot for at the test center of your choice on the day of your choice. You may register online here or call 888-293-4222. For details, read All About Registering For and Taking the Mississippi Insurance Exam.
3) Decide Where To Take the Mississippi Insurance Exam
The exam is given in a number of locations here in Mississippi. Go to Pearson VUE to locate Testing Center. Before you actually choose a test and location, you may want more details. If so, read All About Registering For and Taking the Mississippi Insurance Exam.
4) Submit The Proper Licensing Paperwork in Order to Obtain Mississippi Insurance License
This is the fun and easy part, for you, at least. Your employer will assist you in submitting the application paperwork or direct you to submit electronically through Sircon here.
Disclaimer: 180 Licensing Exam Prep, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this article, information is subject to change. The final authority for the latest insurance licensing information is your state’s department of insurance.
Must Read: Our National online, self-paced, exam prep courses offered in Mississippi do not meet your state’s prelicensing education requirement. They contain national insurance and general state law rules, but do not contain your exam’s specific state law content (about 15-20% of your exam). If you have taken an approved prelicensing education course, have a valid certificate, and still need a passing score, use our materials and supplement with the state law material from your prelicensing provider. Designed by award winning Professor Jerry Furniss, our interactive exam prep materials are excellent for getting you over the finish line the fastest and easiest way possible. Go here for more information.