One of the reasons you are visiting this site is because you already understand that you must pass the Michigan Licensing Exam before you can obtain your Resident Insurance License. In order to take the Michigan licensing exam, you must first register with PSI, which has been selected by Michigan to administer your licensing exam.
To schedule an exam with PSI, either call them at 800-733-9267 or register online. Before you register, you may want to return to the main page and read our informative guide entitled All About Registering For and Taking the Michigan Insurance Exam. Please note that taking 180 Licensing! course DOES NOT register you for the exam.
Important Notice: The state of Michigan has a prelicensing education requirement. You must take a course from a provider on this list. Go here.
180 Licensing is not an approved provider; our focus is solely designed to help you pass your insurance licensing exam the fastest and easiest way possible. If you are still having trouble passing the exam after you have taken a prelicensing course from an approved provider, consider putting the odds in your favor by taking one of our premier exam prep courses. They are self-paced, online, and very affordable and effective.
The Following Steps Will Guide You Through The Process Of Becoming Licensed In Michigan:
1) Select a Prelicensing Course to Help You Pass the Michigan Insurance Exam
In Michigan, you have a choice of a number of prelicensing education providers. Michigan requires that you take a course from an approved prelicensing education provider. Locate a course provider, here.
Please note however that many course providers do not adequately prepare you for the exam. To get the needed help to actually pass the exam, 180 Licensing considers itself the very best, most enjoyable, and cost-effective method of preparing for your exam. After you have taken your required prelicensing education and if you are still having trouble on the exam, use our National course and supplement it with your state law rules to gain an edge on the exam. This has proven to be a highly effective approach.
However, in the name of full disclosure, here’s a rundown of your choices and our opinions:
- Correspondence Courses. Often these courses consist of a manual and perhaps some sample questions on a disc that may or may not be specific to your state’s exam. The course manuals are boring, often out-of-date, and do not effectively convey the critical points that need to be mastered by you. They do not use techniques that “teach” you the material.
- A Live Class. Sometimes these classes are effective and sometimes they are not- pick one and take your chances. Plus, these courses are often not located near you, and you must miss time from work or travel to take the class. (When we find what we consider a good live class located in your state through our market research, we will list the class here. If you know of an exceptional class, please email us so we can confirm and list the class.)
- Online Courses with Simulated Instructors. If you have listened to computer generated voices before, you know that they will drive you nuts after a few hours. We cannot imagine listening to a computer voice for 40 hours trying to prepare for a licensing exam.
- Online Courses with Real Instructors. A couple of companies have online classes with real people lecturing. While good in theory, most of these “real people” are simply talking heads in the corner of the screen that you will soon tire of.
- A Comprehensive Interactive Course That Teaches. You guessed it! 180 Licensing has spent hundreds of hours creating a manual that is not only fun to read, but that is also highly authoritative and effective We have personally helped over 10,000 students pass their licensing exams using our materials and techniques. Our interactive course materials take you step by step through the critical test points – the materials are “designed to teach”. You can learn the key points at your own pace, anywhere you wish. With our exam prep materials, you do not need to second guess anything – it’s all there, in one easy package. Passing the exam cannot be made any easier or more enjoyable than with 180 Licensing!
2) Register To Take the Michigan Insurance Exam with PSI Exams
You must register to take the exam with PSI several weeks in advance so that you will be guaranteed a spot for at the test center of your choice on the day of your choice. You may register online or call 800-733-9267. For details, read All About Registering For and Taking the Michigan Insurance Exam.
3) Decide Where To Take the Michigan Insurance Exam
The exam is given in a number of locations here in Michigan. Go to the PSI Exams Test Center Locator, here. Before you actually choose a test and location, you may want more details. If so, read All About Registering For and Taking the Michigan Insurance Exam.
4) Submit The Proper Licensing Paperwork in Order to Obtain Michigan Insurance License
This is the easy part, for you, at least. Your insurance office or company will assist you in submitting the application paperwork or direct you to register online through NIPR here.
Warning: Once you either pass your exam or submit your paperwork for your license, in Michigan, you have 12 months to complete the process; otherwise, you must start the entire licensing application process over (this includes having to retake your exam!).
Disclaimer: 180 Licensing Exam Prep, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this article, information is subject to change. The final authority for the latest insurance licensing information is your state’s department of insurance.
Must Read: Our National online, self-paced, exam prep courses offered in Michigan do not meet your state’s prelicensing education requirement. They contain national insurance and general state law rules, but do not contain your exam’s specific state law content (about 15-20% of your exam). If you have taken an approved prelicensing education course, have a valid certificate, and still need a passing score, use our materials and supplement with the state law material from your prelicensing provider. Designed by award winning Professor Jerry Furniss, our interactive exam prep materials are excellent for getting you over the finish line the fastest and easiest way possible. Go here for more information.