One of the reasons you are visiting this site is because you already understand that you must pass the Florida licensing exam before you can obtain your Resident Insurance License. In order to take the Florida licensing exam, you must first register with Pearson VUE, which has been selected by Florida to administer your licensing exam.
To register online, go here. Before you register, you may want to read our informative guide entitled All About Registering For and Taking the Florida Insurance Exam. Please note that taking an 180 Licensing course DOES NOT register you for the exam.
Important Notice: The state of Florida has a prelicensing education requirement. You must take a course from a provider on this list. Go here. 180 Licensing is not an approved provider; our focus is solely designed to help you pass your insurance licensing exam the fastest and easiest way possible. If you are still having trouble passing the exam after you have taken a prelicensing course from an approved provider, consider putting the odds in your favor by taking one of our premier exam prep courses. They are self-paced, online, and very affordable and effective.
The Following Steps Will Guide You Through The Process Of Becoming Licensed:
1) Select an Exam Prep (Prelicensing) Course to Help You Pass the Florida Insurance Exam
Florida requires approved prelicensing education in order to be licensed as an insurance producer. To locate an approved course provider, go here. However, many prelicensing education companies do not focus on actually helping you pass the exam – that’s where 180 Licensing comes in. So, if you need help on the exam after you have taken your approved prelicensing education course, 180 Licensing considers itself the very best, most enjoyable, and cost-effective method of preparing for your exam.
However, in the name of full disclosure, here’s a rundown of your choices and our opinion:
- Correspondence Courses. Often these courses consist of a manual and perhaps some sample questions on a disc that may or may not be specific to your state’s exam. The course manuals are boring and often out-of-date, and do not effectively convey the critical points that need to be mastered by you. And, they do not use techniques that “teach” you the material.
- A Live Class. Sometimes these classes are effective and sometimes they are not- pick one and take your chances. Plus, these courses are often not located near you, and you must miss time from work or travel to take the class. And, if you don’t understand a point, it is virtually impossible to “rewind” the instructor to review any confusing points. (When we find what we consider a good live class located in your state through our market research, we will list the class here. If you know of an exceptional class, please email us so we can confirm and list the class.)
- Online Courses with Simulated Instructors. If you have listened to computer generated voices before, you know that they will drive you nuts after a few hours. I cannot imagine listening to a computer voice for 40 hours trying to prepare for a licensing exam.
- Online Courses with Real Instructors. A couple of companies have online classes with real people lecturing. While good in theory, most of these “real people” are simply “talking heads” in the corner of the screen that you will soon tire of- who wants to watch a little pointed talking head for 40 hours on a little computer screen? I know I don’t. But you may find that appealing.
- Comprehensive Interactive Course That Teaches. You guessed it. I have spent hundreds of hours creating a manual that is not only fun to read, but that is also highly authoritative and effective. I have personally helped over 10,000 students pass their licensing exams using our materials and techniques. Our interactive course materials take you step by step through the critical test points – the materials are “designed to teach.” You can learn the key points at your own pace, anywhere you wish. With our prep packages, you do not need to “second guess” anything – it’s all there, in one easy package. Passing the exam cannot be made any easier or more enjoyable than with 180 Licensing.
2) Register To Take the Florida Insurance Exam with Pearson VUE
You must register to take the exam with Pearson VUE several weeks in advance so that you will be guaranteed a spot for at the Test Center of your choice on the day of your choice. To register online, go here. For details, read All About Registering For and Taking the Florida Insurance Exam.
3) Decide Where To Take the Florida Insurance Exam
The exam is given in a number of locations here in Florida. Go to the Pearson VUE Test Center Locator, go here. Before you actually choose a test and location, you may want more details. If so, read All About Registering For and Taking the Florida Insurance Exam.
4) Get Fingerprinted
To schedule a fingerprint reservation, please contact Florida’s third party vendor, IdentoGO. Preregistration is required before visiting an IdentoGo location in Florida. Get fingerprinted after passing your exam and immediately before applying for your license.
5) Submit The Proper Licensing Paperwork in Order to Obtain Florida Insurance License
This is the easy part, for you, at least. Your insurance office or company will submit the application paperwork. Or you can submit electronically through the NIPR website here or MyProfile here.
Warning: For candidates who choose the exam only option, your passing score is only valid for one year. After that time you must start the process over again, including taking the exam!
Disclaimer: 180 Licensing Exam Prep, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this article, information is subject to change. The final authority for the latest insurance licensing information is your state’s department of insurance.
Must Read: Our National online, self-paced, exam prep courses offered in Florida do not meet your state’s prelicensing education requirement. They contain national insurance and general state law rules, but do not contain your exam’s specific state law content (about 15-20% of your exam). If you have taken an approved prelicensing education course, have a valid certificate, and still need a passing score, use our materials and supplement with the state law material from your prelicensing provider. Designed by award winning Professor Jerry Furniss, our interactive exam prep materials are excellent for getting you over the finish line the fastest and easiest way possible. Go here for more information.