One of the reasons you are visiting this site is because you already understand that you must pass the Connecticut licensing exam before you can obtain your Resident insurance license. In order to take the Connecticut licensing exam, you must first register with Pearson VUE, which has been selected by Connecticut to administer your licensing exam.
To schedule an exam with the testing service, either call them at 866-316-3724 or register online here. Before you register, you may want to read our informative guide entitled All About Registering For and Taking the Connecticut Insurance Exam. Please note that taking 180 Licensing! course DOES NOT register you for the exam.
Important Notice: The state of Connecticut has a prelicensing education requirement. You must take a course from a provider on this list. Go here and search the Candidate Handbook for a listing of providers. 180 Licensing is not an approved provider; our focus is solely designed to help you pass your insurance licensing exam the fastest and easiest way possible. If you are still having trouble passing the exam after you have taken a prelicensing course from an approved provider, consider putting the odds in your favor by taking one of our premier exam prep courses. They are self-paced, online, and very affordable and effective.
The Following Steps Will Guide You Through The Process Of Becoming Licensed In Connecticut
1) Select an Exam Prep (Prelicensing) Course to Help You Pass the Connecticut Insurance Exam
In Connecticut, you must complete an approved prelicensing education course BEFORE you can take your insurance licensing exam. Connecticut maintains a list of approved prelicensing course providers in the Pearson VUE Candidate Handbook here. (Please note that many prelicensing education courses are not really designed to help you pass the actual licensing exam, so you will likely still need help getting ready for the exam.)
If you are about to take or have already taken your required, state approved prelicensing class and still need assistance with exam preparation, you have a number of choices. Of course, 180 Licensing considers itself the very best, most enjoyable, and most cost-effective method of preparing for your exam. Supplement our national courses with the state law materials that you received from your prelicensing education provider to best prepare for your exam.
Here’s a rundown of your choices and our opinions:
- Correspondence Courses. Often these courses consist of a manual and perhaps some sample questions on a disc that may or may not be specific to your state’s exam. The course manuals are boring, often out-of-date, and do not effectively convey the critical points that need to be mastered by you. They do not use techniques that “teach” you the material.
- A Live Class. Sometimes these classes are effective and sometimes they are not- pick one and take your chances. Plus, these courses are often not located near you, and you must miss time from work or travel to take the class. When we find what we consider a good live class located in your state through our market research, we will list the class here. If you know of an exceptional class, please email us so we can confirm and list the class.
- Online Courses with Simulated Instructors. If you have listened to computer generated voices before, you know that they will drive you nuts after a few hours. We cannot imagine listening to a computer voice for 40 hours trying to prepare for a licensing exam.
- Online Courses with Real Instructors. A couple of companies have online classes with real people lecturing. While good in theory, most of these “real people” are simply talking heads in the corner of the screen that you will soon tire of.
- A Comprehensive Interactive Course That Teaches. You guessed it! 180 Licensing has spent hundreds of hours creating a manual that is not only fun to read, but that is also highly authoritative and effective. We have personally helped over 10,000 students pass their licensing exams using our materials and techniques. Our interactive course materials take you step by step through the critical test points – the materials are “designed to teach.” You can learn the key points at your own pace, anywhere you wish. With our exam prep materials, you do not need to second guess anything – it’s all there, in one easy package. Passing the exam cannot be made any easier or more enjoyable than with 180 Licensing!
2) Register To Take the Connecticut Insurance Exam with Pearson VUE
You must register to take the exam with Pearson VUE several weeks in advance so that you will be guaranteed a spot for at the test center of your choice on the day of your choice. You may register online here or call 866-316-3724. For details, read All About Registering For and Taking the Connecticut Insurance Exam.
3) Decide Where To Take the Connecticut Insurance Exam
The exam is given in a number of locations here in Connecticut. Go to the Pearson VUE Test Center Locator, here. Before you actually choose a test and location, you may want more details. If so, read All About Registering For and Taking the Connecticut Insurance Exam.
4) Submit The Proper Licensing Paperwork in Order to Obtain Connecticut Insurance License
This is the fun and easy part, for you, at least. Your insurance office or company will submit the application paperwork for you or direct you to apply online through NIPR here.
Disclaimer: 180 Licensing Exam Prep, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this article, information is subject to change. The final authority for the latest insurance licensing information is your state’s department of insurance.
Must Read: Our National online, self-paced, exam prep courses offered in Connecticut do not meet your state’s prelicensing education requirement. They contain national insurance and general state law rules, but do not contain your exam’s specific state law content (about 15-20% of your exam). If you have taken an approved prelicensing education course, have a valid certificate, and still need a passing score, use our materials and supplement with the state law material from your prelicensing provider. Designed by award winning Professor Jerry Furniss, our interactive exam prep materials are excellent for getting you over the finish line the fastest and easiest way possible. Go here for more information.