What are the steps to obtain an insurance license in Ohio?
- Take your required prelicensing education course and obtain your course certificate
- Prep for your exam (3-5 weeks; includes course time)
- Already Taken an Approved Course and Still Need Help Passing the Exam?
Purchase our National Exam Prep Package at least 3 weeks before you next plan to take your exam. Plan to do daily prep and to take the exam immediately after you finish the materials.
- Make an examination reservation (online) and pay the exam fee several days in advance (Exam Provider: PSI Services).
- Take and pass your licensing exam (PSI test centers)
- Make a fingerprint reservation (online) (Finger printing service: National Webcheck or PSI Services)
- Get fingerprinted immediately before you apply for your license (National Webcheck or PSI Services locations in Ohio)
- Apply for your license (Online licensing service: NIPR or Ohio Government Portal)
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!