Upon receipt of licensing application and appropriate fees, the Department will send a fingerprint packet to the applicant.
Instructions, cards and return envelopes will be included in the packet.
- Applicants will make arrangements with local law enforcement to obtain fingerprints.
- The Division of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in Cheyenne provides fingerprint services by appointment.
- Applicants must use the fingerprint cards provided by the Department.
- Local law enforcement and DCI will charge a fee to complete the cards. This fee is the responsibility of the applicant and is generally $5.
- The Insurance Department will obtain the criminal history report from DCI.
- All criminal history reports and fingerprints cards are considered confidential information.
- Criminal history reports may take 4-6 weeks from receipt of acceptable fingerprints.
- Applications will not be processed until the criminal history report is received.
Fee for Background Check:
Note: These fees are different than the exam fee charged by Pearson VUE.
After you receive a fingerprinting packet from the Department of Insurance, contact your local law enforcement office or make an appointment with the Cheyenne Division of Criminal Investigations for fingerprinting.
|Tip: Criminal history reports may take 4-6 weeks from receipt of acceptable fingerprints.
Applications will not be processed until the criminal history report is received.
The Department of Insurance will send you a fingerprint packet once you send in your licensing application and fees.